Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Beach

So I thought beach day deserved its own post. This was Nathan's first time at the beach and I was so excited because I love the beach and knew Nathan would too. Well I thought wrong. He was not impressed at first. He did not like the cold water on his toes or the fact that he could only touch the sand and not put it in his mouth. After awhile he warmed up to it and we ended up spending a good 2 hours there. He was fascinated by the ocean and once he had his binki to keep his mouth occupied he liked playing in the sand.
Lathering up Nathan with sunscreen.
Nathan helping with sand castles. He became very frustrated when he couldn't put the sand covered shovel in his mouth.
Finally deciding that the beach isn't so bad.
Nathan loved the ocean as long as he wasn't touching it.
Destroying sand castles and loving it.

4 comments:

Haskins said...

How cute!!! That looks like so much fun!! I love the beach! Glad you guys had a chance to go!

Melenie said...

I'm jealous!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I bet your family adores Nathan. I'm so jealous you got to spend time at the beach. I'm sure Nathan will be a beach boy one day!

Rachel Porter said...

I can't believe how big Nathan is getting. You look like you are doing great.