Friday, August 8, 2008

5 year Anniversary

August 8, 2003
San Diego Temple

Today is our 5th anniversary. I can't believe it has been 5 years. Time goes so fast. It has been an amazing five years and our little family is very blessed. Ryan and I have grown so much and I look forward to many more happy years.

This year for a gift to Ryan I made a wedding video. We never had one done so I made one using our pictures of us growing up, our wedding pictures and our wedding music. It turned out beautiful. Here are some of my favorites.

The San Diego temple is so beautiful. It is a special place for us and ever since I was a little girl I wanted to get married there. Since I was from Utah I didn't know how that would happen but I got my wish and a wonderful husband too.




Our reception was at this beautiful country club with a golf course. So of course we had to get our picture in the golf cart.

Another reason why this is such a special day is because it is the start of the Beijing Olympics. 8/8/08 is a very lucky day in China. The Chinese believe that numbers are lucky based on how they sound. 8 or Ba sounds like wealth and is a very lucky number. So for the Olympics to start on 8/8/08 is not a coincidence. It also happens to be a lucky and happy day for us. It is also Father's Day in China which is said Ba Ba. We are going to teach Nathan to say Happy Ba Ba Day.

9 comments:

Melenie said...

Ah, you both look so cute and so young! I hope you guys will have a great anniversary, if you need a babysitter, I'm available. :)

Haskins said...

Happy ANniversary!! How exciting five years! We will be married for five years in Jan. It seems like it has gone by so fast! You look so pretty on your wedding day! I love that picture of Nathan under water priceless!

April & Josh said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved the pictures! Josh knows all about the Chinese culture since he went on his mission to Taiwan and so he told me all about the Olympics being on 08/08/08. That's cool you knew about it too. :)

Alisha, Paul and Leila said...

Thanks for calling the other day, it made me feel less home sick. Happy Anniversary!

The Palefaus said...

Congrats on your 5 year anniversary! I love that you made a video- we never got to do one either, but I would like to have one some day. Nathan is so cute, i cant believe he's growing up so fast! I love hearing updates from you guys!

Kale and Rowdy said...

So, I'm blog stalking today and came upon your blog. Your baby is cute! Hopefully you'll remember me from our visiting teaching days :]

Cindy said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! It looks like you've had a happy 5 years together. And with your cute little boy in the family now, I bet the best is yet to come!

The Kings said...

I know I'm late, but congrats on 5 years....Grayden forgot ours, and good luck on getting your bench!! I have to ask why your ring is on your middle finger in the photo? Love you!!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Happy (late) anniversary! I forgot that you guys got married just a few months after us! Such beautiful pictures of your wedding day. We too are enjoying the Olympics. Go USA! Nathan is getting so big! I love that underwater picture of him. Cutest ever!