Every year we grow a garden. We are just starting to get the hang of it. This year we made the mistake of planting two squash plants along with our zucchini. We have squash coming out our ears. I don't really know how to cook it but I think I may try to make some baby food. We also have lots of tomatoes because I always plant way too many bushes. I even planted a yellow tomato bush on accident which gives us some variety. For awhile we were wondering why those tomatoes were not turning red. This year we grew cucumber that I started from seed and they are delicious. We have not been very successful with cucumber in the past. We also tried pumpkins this year and we now have a pumpkin patch growing in our backyard. The plant is taking over the garden and so far we have seven pumpkins growing. We will definitely be ready for Halloween.
We always let our zucchini grow ridiculously huge mostly because we can't keep up with them. Ryan thinks we should enter them in the fair next year.

Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
hi ashley it is brittany (heffron) derbidge. your little boys is so cute. i was just making sure it would be fine if i check your blog everyonce in away. tell chrissy i say hi. oh yeah if you want me blog is thederbs.blogspot.com.
I have some good recipes for squash. I put it in almost any casserole too since we have so much. I canned salsa with our tomatoes. The baby food was a good idea. Is that an announcement?
I love that you grow a garden! Sounds like fun, I hope we can do that when we eventually get our own backyard. I haven't been on this in forever and I can't believe how big your boy is getting! He's so cute. Oh yeah, and I also wish we were close by so I could invite myself and Katea to go to the play day...me and Mike were just talking about needing to do that with her sometime soon. Anyways, glad you guys are doing well! Take care
Post a Comment