We had a very Happy Valentine's Day. Ryan and I went to Texas Roadhouse (yum!) on Saturday, the boys wore their Valentine outfits to church on Sunday and made Valentines for friends (and ate the candy that went with it), and Monday (the actual day) we had a lot of fun. We started the day with heart shaped pancakes and headed over to our friend Shelley's for a little party. The moms got some soup and rolls and the kids had heart shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. After lunch the kids decorated paper bags to put their Valentines in and then played and played. I had cut out some cute hearts with my new Silhouette cutter (my first project!) for the paper bags. They turned out cute. The kids then got some frosted heart cookies and the moms had some delicious cupcakes from Steph. The kids had a great time together and I think the moms were all ready for naps after.
That night, to stick with the theme we had calzones for dinner with heart shape dough cooked on top. After that we headed to Coldstone for some ice cream. Both James and Nathan loved that part and had chocolate everywhere by the time we were done. At one point James started eating the ice cream with his hands. I think he grew a little impatient with the spoon. We had a fun day as a family and I am grateful for my Valentine who got me some beautiful pink roses.
That night, to stick with the theme we had calzones for dinner with heart shape dough cooked on top. After that we headed to Coldstone for some ice cream. Both James and Nathan loved that part and had chocolate everywhere by the time we were done. At one point James started eating the ice cream with his hands. I think he grew a little impatient with the spoon. We had a fun day as a family and I am grateful for my Valentine who got me some beautiful pink roses.



No comments:
Post a Comment