Aunt Kizzy got the boys a play kitchen for Christmas. They also each got their own shopping cart and lots of play food. Including the fun soft play food from IKEA (love it!) The play kitchen is in the kitchen and we dedicated one drawer to all of the play food and dishes. It has been one of Nathan and James' favorite things to play with. They spend a lot of time making meals together and one morning I was even served breakfast in bed (: Both boys love to be in the kitchen with me and it is a great way to keep them busy while I make our real meals. I love the creativity that Nathan puts into his concoctions. One day we had watermelon, tomato, pineapple and pea soup. It was delicious of course. And James enjoys organizing by stuffing anything he can into the play oven or microwave. He also likes to make us pancakes with a spatula and everything. Nathan now likes to pretend to shop and will push his shopping cart around the house gathering toys which he then with James puts in the oven, microwave or stacks them on the shelves. Sometimes when I ask him if he is ready to do something (like eat breakfast or get dressed) he will say "I can't I am busy shopping." Some mornings the first thing Nathan says is "I want to play in the kitchen with Jamers and you." We have gotten a lot of use out that kitchen so far.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment