Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nathan



We love to go to the library and the other week we checked out a book about kids in the kitchen.  It had all kinds of recipes and things that kids could help with.  Nathan loves looking at the pages and pointing out the things he would like to make.  The other day I was making dinner and he really wanted to help make the spaghetti.  He did a great job stirring the sauce and pasta and it was so sweet to see how much fun he was having.  It was the first time he has helped with dinner. Usually he helps with the treat making.  Today we made some super yummy applesauce muffins.  I got them from my Deceptively Delicious recipe book.  So shhhhh, they have carrots, applesauce, and oatmeal in them and they really are delicious.  The boys ate them right up.  Now we will just see if they pass the Daddy test.
Nathan is a really tender little guy.  Sometimes he does the sweetest things.  Like one time I took him clothes shopping with me and he had the best time picking out clothes for me.  He would say "This is cute mom, you should probably get it'" or "ohhhh, cute!"  Now that is my kind of guy.  The other day we were at Costco looking at pjs and he saw this super cute little girl butterfly outfit.  He said "this is cute, I wanna get this one." It was pink and purple and everything.  I couldn't help but smile as the thought crossed my mind of taking it home and showing Daddy what he had found.  I had to explain to him that it was a girl outfit and he was okay to let it go and ended up picking some fun monkey ones.  We have also checked out a couple of princess books at the library that Nathan has chosen and he really enjoys watching Cinderella every once in awhile.  Maybe we need a little sister?  (:  He will sure be ready if that ever happens.
Nathan is so much fun.  It is the simple things that make him the most happy.  We played hide and go seek yesterday and had so much fun.  I am so grateful to be his mom and enjoy this precious time with him.

No comments: